Similar to a bucket list but better, the 1% club is about doing remarkable things that less than 1% of the world will ever accomplish.
As you might have heard, I like to push my boundaries, challenge fears, and live a remarkable life. I don’t know anyone else who does so many random things just to experience something different. I like doing this because I get a taste of everything the world has to offer.
I had/have a lot of names for this kind of list. Adventure list, anything and everything list, legacy list, and so forth. None really caught my eye that much and it didn’t seem like a big deal as long as I had a list to keep me going.
However, I did like the name of the 1% club.
Advanced Riskologist Tyler Tervooren writes about the 1% club over at his domain and I totally loved it! Tyler has a wicked inspiring list of goals he’d like to accomplish in the near future so make sure you push him to accomplish them!
Since starting this “list” years ago, I have already accomplished many things which I will list below to give you an idea of where I am at.
More importantly, I will also have a list of things I want to accomplish in the coming years. This will likely be updated VERY frequently as I conjure up more adventures and interesting ideas in my head (uh oh, look out!).
My best memories I have to date are:
- 5 months solo travel in australia and Indonesia
- Jumping out of a plane at 15,000 feet in New Zealand
- Jumping of a bridge in Auckland, New Zealand
- Acting in a comedy movie
- Road trips through Canada, the U.S.A., New Zealand, & Australia.
- Completing the 12-week Body-for-Life challenge
- Acting as an extra in a hollywood movie
- Acting and stripping in a christmas play
- Abseiling 100 meters into caves to see glowworms
- Going to San Francisco to party with Tim Ferriss on a warship
- White water rafting the Canadian Rockies
- Hiking the mountains of southern New Zealand
- Hiking a volcano in New Zealand
- Kayaking the Abel Tasman sea and camping along the beaches in New Zealand
- Scuba diving both day and night on the Great Barrier Reef
- Spending 3 weeks driving down east coast Australia with strangers (who became friends)
- Working on a sheep farm with my cousins in western Australia
- Renting a scooter in Indonesia and adventuring with some new found friends
- Renting a bike in Indonesia and searching for the world’s most expensive coffee
- Attending an 11,000 person conference in Osaka, Japan
- Buying $780,000 worth of real estate while barely having a job
- Sailing the Whitsundays during a storm in Australia
- Surfing in Indonesia, Australia, and Canada
- Watching the northern lights dance across the sky in northern Alberta
- Trying out for the Olympic speed skating team
- Learning how to dance salsa
- Going down to Lethbridge and living with one of my best friends for 4 months
- Asking a special girl to teach me spanish lessons which turned into a 2 year long distance relationship (still dating)
- Visiting Mexico City and climbing the ancient pyramids
- Road trip from Mexico City to Guatajuanto and visiting a massive tequila factory
- Seeing the spectacle that is The City & Coco Bongo in Cancun
- Riding 20+ insane roller-coasters
- Learning how to sail
- Skiing the Canadian Rockies
- Starting A World of Inspiration
- Starting my first online business
- Arrange an extreme volunteer mission
- Fly a plane
- Fly a helicopter
- Get paid to act in a movie (not in the background)
- Start a passive business that brings in $3000 per month +
- Start a business I can sell for $1 Million
- Do an incredible 20+ country round-the-world 1 year trip
- Drive a ferrari
- Send my parents on an unforgettable adventure
- Own a house/cottage on a beautiful lake
- Write a book
- Scuba dive a ship wreck
- Snorkel with whale sharks
- Change someone’s life
- Inspire 100 people to inject adventure into their lives
- Get Married
- Become a dad
- Visit every country in the world and do something remarkable in each one
- Organize a really cool inspiring event/conference
- Volunteer at an animal orphanage
- Go to space
- Walk on the moon
- Earn 1 Million dollars in a year
- Earn $100,000 yearly doing something I love
- Make a documentary or be involved in one
- Write a movie script
- Scuba dive every continent (If Antarctica is possible)
- Trace my roots back to Ireland
Like I said, I’m sure this list will change. I will likely add things as they come to imagination.
Tell me what your crazy plans for the future are in the comments below.